14 January 2015

Piazza Carlo Felice (Torino, Italia)

In 1822, on the city limits architects Lombardi and Frizzi planned an arcaded street marking the entrance to the Baroque city (via Roma) with roads leading out to Nice (via Nizza) and Stupinigi (via Sacchi) as well as the new royal avenue (Corso Vittorio). In 1851 Carlo Promis completed the square, with the station on one side, and on the others the continuous arcades that were a feature of other new city developments. In 1861 inauguration of the central garden with its cast iron railings.